Converting loose agro wastes into solid form.
- Agro Industrial wastes (residues) From saw mills, ground nut decorticators, sugar mills, coffee curing plants, herbal extract plants, Rice mills, corn industry , wheat hullers, coir industry, furniture works, instant coffee plant so on
- Agricultural field wastes From fields of cotton, maize, paddy straw, mustard, Bengal gram,sun flower, corn cobs , chilly, tobacco , all stalks
- Municipal solid wastes
Agrowaste / Bio-mass Briquetting
The raw materials are to be in dry condition (max allowed 10 % moisture) and the particle size to be less than 3 mm.
- Screw type briquetting machine
- Ram type briquetting machine
- Pellet machine
- Out of screw type briquette machines, the shapes are cylindrical( 80 mm dia ) , square ( 50 mm square) , hexagonal (50 mm A/F) with a hole in the center and length ranging from 25 mm to 300 mm .
- Out of RAM type briquette machines, the shapes are only cylindrical , size 60 mm or 90 mm diameter. Length 25 mm to 300 mm.
- Out of pellet machine, the shape is cylindrical 5 mm – 25 mm dia and the length 10 mm to 50 mm.
RAM Type – 500 Kgs to 1500 Kgs per hour . Any biomass / raw materials can be used provided the quality of it is maintained.
Pellet machine – 500 kgs to 1000 kgs per hour .There are limitations of the raw materials and there are some blending and pre processing is required.
The raw material to be processed depending on the shape, size quality to get accepted in the briquetting machine. The required processing units are
- Chaff cutters
- Flash driers
Advantage of the briquettes
- Uniform in size and so uniform in burning
- Easy handling, no cutting unlike wood fuel and no screening unlike coal
- Low ash contents, compared to Coal
- Less Moisture & so less smoke emission.
- Free of sulphur and phosphor
- 100 % usable, no stones or powder unlike in coal
- Consumption in the specially designed briquette stoves saves 50-70 % cost compared to LPG for the hotel industry in cooking.(special stoves available)
- Green energy
- The industries using the Furnace oil as their fuel can be suggested to change to these briquettes , saving lot of revenue in their fuel consumption.
- Recycling the wastes , effective utility of the wastes.
- Renewable energy
- Eco friendly, saves environment, saves forests
- Reduction in carbon emissions
- Rural empowerment by gainful employment to rural masses
- Reduction in import bills for petroleum products saving FOREX
- Supports Farmers creating extra benefit from the sale of agro wastes.
- Stops migration of the rural population to urban area.
- Can be established any where .
- Highly demanded & ready markets.
- High profitability.
- Income tax exemption for 5 years under section 80JJA in India.